Frequently Asked Questions
What are craft reservations and what do they entail?
- Hobby Prodigy craft studio provides an open space to get together with friends and other prodigies in a fun, safe environment. During each craft social, prodigies and pupils alike can make a customized craft pre-chosen from our Craft Menu and reservation form.
- No minimum requirements- maximum of 50. Craft solo, with a friend, with a date, or with a group.
- A craft reservation is similar to an exclusive custom restaurant reservation. You are not forced to eat the same meal, so why be forced to do the same craft? Instead of prepping food, we prep custom craft materials to serve you and your guests the day and time you have reserved.
- **72 HOUR CUSTOM REQUEST POLICY: Custom Stencil Requests for Crafts that include Vinyl Art, String Art, or Glitter Art cannot be fulfilled with less than a 72 hour reservation. Reservations with less than 72 hours or same day reservations/ walk-ins can choose from a limited stencil selection IN STORE ONLY.**
- At Hobby Prodigy we do not teach step-by-step classes, but rather, our pedagogues (craft assistants) are trained to answer any craft questions guests may have after guests read the instruction tutorials provided. This gives every guest prodigy the opportunity for individual craft options, rather than being forced to create the same craft.
- Once you arrive at Hobby Prodigy, you check in at the hobby host table and settle in a seat. At this point, a pedagogue (craft assistant) explains how to fill out your liability form and other specifics of the maker space. Once the pedagogue receives your liability form with your craft reservation information, your pedagogue serves you instruction tutorials to review, then serves your craft materials. At this time, you may begin your craft .
- Craft projects cost from $20 to $75, depending on which craft you choose. Craft prices may fluctuate depending on special events, travel, and large custom requests.
- Outside craft materials are strictly prohibited. Guests are provided craft materials & tools according to craft menu projects offered by Hobby Prodigy (craft materials may sometimes be on backorder or out of stock). See Craft Menu HERE
Why do I have to fill out a Liability Form?
- Hobby Prodigy strives to provide every guest a fun and safe environment, and we want our guests to feel at home while crafting.
- We have sharp materials, heavy tools, and dangerous materials that can cause harm if not used properly.
- Although we provide safety gear needed, we are not responsible for bodily harm due to misuse or accidental harm.
- A liability waiver is a legal document that a person who participates in an activity may sign to acknowledge the risks involved in his or her participation. By doing so, the company removes legal liability from the business or person responsible for the activity.
- Liability Form Policy: Each customer sitting at a craft table, weather crafting or not, must COMPLETELY fill out a Hobby Prodigy liability form.
- Hosting a party with ages 17 and under? A liability for must be completely filled out prior to the reservation. If form is not properly filled out, the guest will not be able to craft.
- Click HERE for a printable version of the Liability Form.
How do I make a craft reservation?
- Shop our Craft Menu /Wood Sizes/Design Library to pick a craft.
- Each craft has a different price ($20-$75), challenge level (from 1 as easy up to 3 as hard), and average completion time (1 – 3 hours).
- Custom designs are available for vinyl art, glitter art, and string art.
- Once you have decided on a craft and design (if applicable), then go to the Reservation Page, fill out the host information, and choose crafts for yourself and your party.
- Crafting with a friend or in a group? Reserve ALL crafts in ONE reservation form.
- **HOST POLICY: The person filling out the reservation form is the "Host" and is responsible for reserving crafts for all guests attending within the reservation.**
How do I customize my craft?
- We pride in the variety of craft options available and the ability for prodigies to customize their crafts.
- Crafting Vinyl Art, String Art, or Glitter Art? You can now choose a stencil from our design library. Simply choose the craft (wood size, etc) then choose the design code. Repeat this process for your guests under the same reservation by clicking the "+ Add Your Craft Here" button. - See Host Policy
- Found a photo online that inspired you to make something like it? Upload that photo to your craft reservation, and we create the stencil custom to the detailed instructions given in the comment section of your reservation. - See 72 Hour Policy
- Crafts not included in customization—jewelry and dog collar.
- Having technical difficulties uploading your photo? After submitting your reservation, simply email your photos with reservation & craft details to email@example.com.
Why do I have to reserve my guest’s crafts?
- We do our very best to help each Host coordinate crafts. To avoid confusion, our team is trained to coordinate with 1 person to help keep communication organized.
- We like to reward our hosts with free crafts! Host a party with 10 or more guests and receive your craft FREE! (Any Craft off the Craft Menu)
- Host a party with 6 or more guests and receive craft rewards points for your entire party! $5 for every 50 points (1 point = $1).
- Reward points can only be used toward your next craft visit.
Do I really need to reserve my craft?
- YES! It takes time to design, prep, and coordinate each reserved crafts'.
- Craft reservations help create an organized and efficient maker space for all, and help give every customer the best experience.
- Walk-ins are certainly welcome! We have a specific "Walk In Crafts" available that are just as fun!
- Reservations with less than 72 hours or same day reservations/ walk-ins
can choose from a limited stencil selection IN STORE ONLY.
How do I move, cancel, and/or change my reservations?
- You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your craft reservation.
- You can reschedule or cancel your reservations up to 72 hours in advance of your scheduled to attend. (This policy does not apply to private parties. Your event coordinator will outline these policies).
- Crafter No Show Policy: Have a guest not show up and ordered a custom stencil? The host is responsible for paying for that craft.
- The host is also responsible for rescheduling their "No Show Guest".
Can I Bring My Own Drinks & Food?
- Yes! Hobby Prodigy is BYOB – Bring Your Own Beverage. Wine, beer, and beer-like beverages are welcome.
- WE ID- Under the age of 21? Under Age drinking is STRICTLY prohibited.
- However, when using power drills, no liquor is allowed for safety’s sake.
Do I have to be 21 to attend?
- No, just to drink alcohol.
- IDs are required for anyone and everyone who brings/drinks alcohol.
- An adult must accompany anyone younger than 18 if alcohol is present.
Are we a family-friendly company?
- Yes, we are a family-friendly business! We provide events for groups from their tweens to adulthood. However, an adult must accompany any children younger than 13 (unless otherwise specified).
- Crafters ages 13-17 must have a liability form completely filled out and signed by themselves and a guardian. Click HERE for a printable version.
- Please note: Children younger than age 7 years of age may have extreme difficulty with prodigy crafts and could be subject to hazardous materials and tools.
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend children under the age of 7 in the craft studio.
How do I redeem a gift card?
- At least one form of Proof of purchase is required to redeem gift card(s):
- Purchaser's First & Last Name, Phone, & Email
- Redeem or purchase gift cards in-store only.
- Gift cards cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and expire six months after the date of issue.
- We cannot accept any gift card that has expired.
What if I don't like my D.I.Y. craft?
- Hobby Prodigy is a D.I.Y craft studio.
- DIY DEFINITION: abbreviation for do-it-yourself; the activity of decorating or repairing your home, or making things for your home yourself, rather than paying someone else to do it for you.
- DISCLOSURE: Hobby Prodigy is NOT liable for "Crafter DIY Remorse". Refer to craft challenge levels and average craft times as stated on our website and craft menu.
- Hobby Prodigy cannot determine nor be responsible for the outcome of your craft.
- By signing the liability form, you agree to these terms and agree to pay for the craft materials used.
What if I run out of time?
- D.I.Y. crafting is a different experience for everyone. Hobby Prodigy was created to give everyone their freedom to create in a fun and safe environment.
- Some crafts take longer than others, and sometimes crafts cannot be completed in a 3 hour time frame (depending on design and size of craft).
- Guests are welcome back to complete their craft at no charge.
- In some cases we can send you home with craft materials to finish your Prodigy masterpiece.