Frequently Asked Questions
What are craft reservations and what do they entail?
- Craft solo, with a friend, with a date, or with a group. No minimum requirements- maximum of 50.
- A craft reservation is similar to an exclusive custom restaurant reservation. Instead of prepping food to serve you, we prep custom craft materials to serve you the day and time you have reserved. Hobby Prodigy craft studio provides a space to get together with friends and other prodigies in a fun, safe environment. During each craft social, prodigies and pupils alike can make a customized craft pre-chosen from our Craft Menu and reservation form. **See 72 hour policy on our Reservation page**
- Upon arrival, prodigies are given craft materials, space, and step-by-step instructions for their reserved craft. We do not teach step-by-step classes, but rather, our pedagogues (instructors) are trained to answer any craft questions guests may have after guests read the instruction tutorials provided. This gives every guest prodigy the opportunity for individual craft options, rather than being forced to create the same craft.
- Once you arrive at Hobby Prodigy, you check in at the hobby host table and settle in a seat. At this point, a pedagogue (craft assistant) explains how to fill out your liability form and other specifics of the maker space. Once the pedagogue receives your liability form with your craft reservation information, your pedagogue serves you your instruction tutorials then your materials.. At this time, you may begin your craft and consume any food or drink that may be present (See below for more information).
- Craft projects cost from $20 to $75, depending on which craft you choose. Prices fluctuate depending on travel events, large custom requests, and special events.
- Outside craft materials are strictly prohibited. Guests are provided craft materials & tools according to craft menu projects offered by Hobby Prodigy (unless materials are on backorder or out of stock). See Craft Menu HERE
How do I make a craft reservation?
- Shop our Craft Menu Page to pick a craft.
- Each craft has a different price ($20-$75), challenge level (from 1 as easy up to 4 as hard), and average completion time (1.5 – 3 hours).
- Custom designs are available for vinyl art, glitter art, and string art.
- Once you have decided on a craft and design (if applicable), then go to the Reservation Page; fill out the host information, and choose your craft(s), and submit.
- Crafting with a friend or in a group? Reserve ALL crafts in ONE reservation form.
How do I customize my craft?
- We pride in the variety of craft options available and the ability for prodigies to customize their crafts.
- After choosing your wood craft in the reservation form, there is an option to choose a stencil design or make other selections.
- Found a photo of a similar craft? Upload that photo to your craft reservation, and we recreate the stencil custom to the detailed instructions given in the comment section of your reservation.
- Crafts not included in customization—jewelry and dog collar.
- Having technical difficulties? After submitting your reservation, simply email your photos with craft details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do I have to reserve my guest’s crafts?
We do our very best to help each Host coordinate crafts. To avoid confusion, our team is trained to coordinate with 1 person to help keep communication organized. - We like to reward our hosts with free crafts! Ask us how!
Do I really need to reserve my craft?
YES! To help give every customer the best experience, we design and prep each reserved crafts' materials in advance. This helps create an organized and efficient maker space for all. - Walk-ins are certainly welcome! We have a specific "Walk In Craft Menu" that has fun yet limited options.
How do I move, cancel, and/or change my reservations?
- You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your craft reservation.
- You can reschedule or cancel your reservations up to 72 hours in advance of your scheduled to attend. (This policy does not apply to private parties. Your event coordinator will outline these policies).
- If customization stencil is designed and complete, you must reschedule your craft reservation immediately. Craft reservations should be rescheduled within one week.
Can I Bring My Own Drinks & Food?
- Yes! Hobby Prodigy is BYOB – Bring Your Own Beverage. Wine, beer, and beer-like beverages are welcome.
- However, when using power drills, no liquor is allowed for safety’s sake.
Do I have to be 21 to attend?
- No, just to drink. IDs are required for anyone and everyone who brings/drinks alcohol.
- An adult must accompany anyone younger than 18 unless no alcohol is present.
Are we a family-friendly company?
- Yes, we are a family-friendly business! We provide events for groups from their tweens to adulthood. However, an adult must accompany any children younger than 13 (unless otherwise specified)
- Crafters ages 13-17 must have a liability form completely filled out and signed by themselves and a guardian. Click HERE for a printable version of the liability form.
- Please note: Children younger than age 8 years of age may have extreme difficulty with prodigy crafts and could be subject to hazardous materials and tools.
How do I redeem a gift card?
- Redeem or purchase gift cards in-store only.
- Gift cards cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and expire six months after the date of issue.
- We cannot accept any gift card that has expired.